Assisting the Disabled
Disabilities come in many forms — both visible and invisible. We offer a network of specialized disability support services to help seniors adjusting to blindness, developmentally disabled children, teens and adults dealing with alcohol and substance abuse, and those with behavioral and emotional challenges.
pre-school children received
early intervention and
special education classes
people cared for in
residences or apartments
people treated for
visually and hearing
in adaptive training
Our Programs and Services
Addiction is a complex condition requiring compassionate physical and emotional rehabilitation. We provide alcohol and substance abuse treatment and support for those seeking recovery and the families who love them. Our programs, ranging from outpatient clinics and support groups, to inpatient recovery programs, are designed to help individuals and their families through the recovery process.
We provide a comprehensive continuum of services to assist individuals suffering from the disease of addiction, those in recovery who need additional support, and the family members and loved ones who support them. Using tested and proven practices tailored to meet each individual’s needs, we offer confidential support with dignity and respect.
Our prevention service programs in school and community settings for youth and parents promote healthy development among children, adolescents and young adults. Understanding and identifying the behaviors associated with addiction can help families, schools, and communities learn what they can do to reduce or avoid substance use/abuse.
We offer a range of housing options for those struggling with mental illness. Our supportive, affordable, small community residences offer closely supervised group living arrangements for people with severe mental illness. We also offer apartments and single rooms with support staff readily available for higher functioning individuals.
Our agencies provide compassionate, professional care to individuals whose needs are too complex to be met at home. Our residences offer a range of support and services to children with serious illnesses and care for adults with developmental disabilities to promote healthy lives. Eligibility for many of these programs is determined by city and state regulations.
Taking prompt action with an early diagnosis and intervention can change a child’s future.
Our range of services for children with developmental delays age from birth to age three include:
- Screening and evaluation
- Psychological testing and medical consultations
- Special education
- Family counseling
- Speech, physical, and occupational therapies
- Service coordination of multiple intervention programs
Our special education preschool services for three-to-five-year-old children diagnosed with developmental delays offer:
- Prepare children for entry into schools
- Tailor curriculums to meet children’s individual needs
- Emphasize play and developmentally appropriate activities
- Improve children’s socialization, language, movement and self-help skills
- Support parents in managing the impact of their child’s disability on their family
- Eligibility for these programs is determined by city and state regulations.
Our respite services match families with qualified professionals who care for family members with special needs for a few days so caregivers can rest and recuperate, and offers ongoing support when disabled family members return home.
Our specialized programs remove barriers, expand possibilities, and improve accessibility for those with hearing or vision loss:
- Travel/orientation and mobility instruction
- Support with independent living skills
- Education and English as a Second Language programs
- Computer training/assistive technology
- Employment training and placement
- Low-vision services and devices
- Information, referrals, and other supports