Summary: This position provides direct supportive service and follow-up to program participants, assisting them in completing their high education and have a post-secondary plan. Documents delivery of contractual services such as academic support, job readiness, career exploration, attendance outreach, seminar, site information, counseling and exposure to job readiness and career exploration; develops materials/lessons to strengthen participate resiliency and knowledge. This position will serve as liaison between parent, school and student.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Developmental Social Services
- Responsible of overseeing and work together with one of the School Guidance Counselor’s caseload.
- Conducting regular one on one session with case load, at least twice a month
- Developing student social’s intelligence through teaching Advisory/Community Gathering
- Adapting the existing Advisory curriculum and Lesson Plan to meet student’s developmental needs and develop resiliency
- Creating and maintain a working-alliance with Students
- Providing crisis counseling for case load as needed
- Providing attendance outreach through phone calls, morning wake-up calls, letters, case conferencing and/or home visit
- College Access and post-graduation plan
- Supporting in tracking students’ academic progress using report cards, progress reports, and periodic assessments
- Help students define and develop realistic educational career plans
- Educating students and parents about colleges, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, and testing through workshops and or individual counseling
- Assist student in completing college and financial aid application
- Office administrative duties
- Support Student admission process (outreach, open houses/intake interviews, new student’s orientation, parent’s orientations, among others)
- Responsible of inputting all services (attendance outreach, individual counseling, career and college advisement, tutoring, and other interventions) in provide systems for caseload assigned
- Assess for referrals to community based support services for students and family members
- Assist Students not participating in subsidized internships provide with non-paid community service/ service-learning placements during the academic year, upon request
- Track volunteering students and number of hours completed
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours are generally Monday to Friday 8am-4 pm. This is a full-time position and will require evening and occasional Saturday hours to monitor after school and summer programs and attend special events.
Education and/or experience required:
- Associate Degree or three years in college working towards Bachelor Degree
- At least 1 years of experience working in the field of youth development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Skills and Competencies required:
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities Community Services
- Demonstrate leadership ability.