Summary: Alianza Youth Services is a non-profit division of Catholic Charities which strives to strengthen academic achievement, health & wellness, artistic expression, and employment access to young people. Our goal is to provide youth between the ages of 14 – 24 with focused civic-engagement, work-readiness, and paid opportunities. This position will provide essential administrative, instructional, programmatic, and supervisory support to the Program Director and assist with various projects to ensure efficient operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the Youth Employment Programs Director in the coordination of program operations, administrative tasks, instruction and assisting with various projects to prepare for the 6-week program.
- Track and maintain programming content, assignments, activity, progress, and daily anecdotes regarding creating the Work Based Learning (WBL) experience.
- Assist partners with outlining WBL questions and concerns, provide feedback on all submitted assignments, outline and allow for time for support via live office hours.
- Coordinate with key community partners who can support the WBL experience.
- Receive and manage incoming calls, arrange conference calls, etc.
- Assist participants in assessing their job skills for positions
- Provide support in job seeking, application procedures, resume writing, interview preparation and job retention skills and attitudes.
- Monitor participant performance and counsels’ participants when performance is not satisfactory
- Maintain contact with industry partners during the participants’ employment and reports results to appropriate staff
- Maintain equipment and other relevant program support systems
- Maintain filing system of department paperwork and relevant program documentation.
- Provide support to the Director and Youth Employment Programs team on special projects and tasks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain stationary at a workstation and use a computer at least 50% of the time.
- Travel at least 50% of the time using public transportation, traverse city streets; occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment i.e., copier, fax, scanner, postage machine and printer.
- Ability to use and respond to phone calls
- Ability to file client documents in cabinets.
Education and/or experience required:
- HS Diploma/GED; Some college credit/courses are a plus,
- Minimum of two (2) years’ related office experience.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Bilingual, English/Spanish a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player, work independently and with diverse groups of people
- Ability to participate in community service initiatives if needed
- Computer literate.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.