The Case Management Department of Catholic Charities Community Services (CCCS) seeks to ensure that everyone in the community has what is necessary to live a dignified human life: shelter, food, clothing, access to services and other resources. We serve a wide population that includes immigrants, seniors, individuals and families facing financial crisis, and food insecurity. We use a strength’s based and client-centered approach in our work, always striving to help communities resolve crises, adapt, and thrive.
The Social Work Supervisor’s primary role will be to provide direct supervision to Case Management staff and Social Work Interns across multiple sites in Manhattan and the South Bronx. The position will advance Case Management best practices and will develop a Social Work Internship program. Qualified candidates with be fluent in Spanish and English and have a Master’s Degree with LCSW or LMSW.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision to Case Managers across 2-3 sites.
- Provide direct and group supervision to Social Work Interns.
- Provide Social Work consultation and support to the Case Management team on high-risk and challenging cases.
- Coach Case Managers on skills around Engagement, Assessment, Planning, Follow-up.
- Prioritize Information & Referral, Case Advocacy, Collaboration, and Coordination of care and ensure that practice is performed using a Holistic/Strengths based/Trauma informed approach.
- Encourage capacity building through community engagement activities.
- Identify trends and develop strategies for advocacy.
- Assist in developing an internship program across CCCS; work with agency stakeholders to identify the various types of Social Work Internships and develop operational protocols.
- Work with the various Dean(s) of admissions to formulate suitable learning opportunities for interns.
- Form working group (task force) of Social Work Supervisors and Task Supervisors across the agency to foster collaboration(s), offer support and evaluate best internship and case management practices.
- Ensure agency requirements are met including documentation, meeting attendance, target and goal achievement, adherence to agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure contract deliverables are met and work collaboratively with contracting agencies, community linkages and community-based stakeholders.
- Ensure university requirements are met including educational plan, weekly supervision, process recordings, timekeeping, initial and annual student evaluations etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs. This is a hybrid position.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- 5 years minimum (with 3 years ‘social services experience)
- Spanish or other relevant language fluency a must: read, write, speak.
- LMSW or LCSW
- Demonstrated program development experience working with underserved populations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; sound judgment; ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Familiar with state, federal and local government funding requirements.
- WIFI access and an ability to successfully navigate remote tech Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Data Management systems built on a Salesforce platform. Knowledge of common social media platforms.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions employment in the Case Management Department.
- Travel for field visits, outreach, staff meetings at least 20% of the time using reliable transportation, traversing streets, ascending/descending stairs, and exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Traverse neighborhoods that may require a high level of alertness and awareness of surroundings.
- Work with or on behalf of clients who require consistent and comprehensive support, some underpotentially stressful conditions.
- Remain in a stationary position at a workstation; use a computer approximately 60% of the time.
- Carry a laptop to offsite work locations.
- Frequently sit for long periods attending meetings.
COVID-19 Adjustment: Position will be onboarded virtually. Potential to orient to the physical office space in person depending on CDC and agency requirements at the time of onboarding. Updates to protocol are implemented on a regular basis.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.