Summary: Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of educational standards across all the Learning Labs in our Division and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of curriculum, lesson plans and STEAM services that will be provided in these programs and initiatives are consistent with the overall strategies
objectives, and needs of our participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee all mandatory compliance training programs to keep organization in compliance with regulatory agencies
- Independently and proactively discover and identify skill gaps in the different learning labs through focus groups, surveys, and other informal methods of feedback
- Meet with Learning Lab directors and staff to develop, implement, monitor and see-through individualized development plans and groups trainings for staff
- Create critical training programs and opportunities for entry level student- and parent-facing front line staff, particularly around the principles of youth development
- Ensure all newly hired and promoted supervisors receive appropriate new supervisor trainings
- Develop self-paced/directed training opportunities for staff at all levels
- Create tools and systems to evaluate effectiveness of all training initiatives
- Connect with partnering Learning Lab schools to review the in person and virtual curriculums teachers are teaching our participants
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Full-time position. Days and hours are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday – Friday. Must be flexible with work hours; additional hours are required to meet program deadlines and client
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work with supervisors and direct line staff.
- Remain in a stationary position or ambulate while facilitating training sessions.
- May have to do weekend trainings for part-time and seasonal staff
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least two years’ experience facilitating training on various youth development topics.
- At least two years’ direct service experience working with youth in a school or community center setting.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Comprehensive understanding of lesson planning and STEAM plan development.
- Comprehensive understanding of positive youth development.
- Experience in and strong understanding of the following focus areas a plus: education, workforce, foster care, youth leadership, immigration, racial equity, and social justice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dynamic presentation style.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities Community Services.
COVID-19 Adjustment: Position will be onboarded virtually. Potential to orient to the physical office space in person depending on CDC and agency requirements at the time of onboarding. Updates to protocol are implemented on a regular basis.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.