Summary: This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of various pantries. Responsibilities include
coordinating volunteers, assisting pantry aids on their various task, ordering food, supplies, manage program
spending and inventory and working with various CCCS departments to ensure services in addition to food
assistance is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to day operations of the food program at our Washington Heights office and other
- pantries as assigned.
- Ensures that all clients who visit the pantry are aware of and have access to a wide variety of services,
- including but not limited to SNAP and ancillary services that would decrease food insecurity.
- Manage and oversee volunteers. Assist pantry assistants; ensures proper execution of tasks and
- customer service and ensures that staff and volunteers adhere to the mission of the agency.
- Coordinate all food orders, inventory and deliveries as needed.
- Ensures that all clients are registered in the Plentiful database.
- Assist clients with other needs by making referrals to case management, immigration, and other
- services available internally and externally.
- Assist with data entry and processing payments as needed.
- Actively participates in weekly supervision and monthly staff meetings, FON trainings, and other
- agency-related activities.
- Assist at other sites as needed in Manhattan and the Bronx
- Adhere to all COS policies and procedures
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday. May be required to work some holidays, evening and/or weekend hours.
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or at least five years’ experience in the food industry and/or customer
- Bilingual, Spanish English Required
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of social service delivery systems, and County resources.
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and Database entry.
- Individual must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Individual must be willing to travel throughout the designated County and to participate in trainings as needed in Albany and elsewhere.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Travel at least 50% of the time using public transportation or vehicle, traverse streets; occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Remain stationary at a workstation or during meetings/presentations and use a computer.
- Carry a laptop to offsite work locations.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment i.e., copier, fax, scanner, postage machine and printer.
- Ability to use and respond to phone calls.
- Must be able to lift or move containers that weigh over 50 pounds
- Ability to work with the public