Summary: The Program Director is responsible for the management and service delivery of the LTW program at Innovation Diploma Plus HS and will work closely with the principal of the school and the SLT (School Leadership Team). The Program Director will also supervise the day-to-day programmatic services offered to the participants and their parents at the school, from case management, career and college readiness, tutorial and referral services, attendance outreach, academic support, job readiness, career exploration, seminar, job site development and internship placement. This includes daily supervision and implementation of services for program participants and assisting them in completing their high school education and post-secondary plan under the LTW contract agreement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and conduct outreach; develop contacts in the community for cross-referral and interagency collaboration.
- Continue collaboration with the school to update the LTW program.
- Responsible for managing, spending, and reposting on multiple budgets allocated to LTW from different funding sources.
- Conduct intake and thorough assessment of individual client needs and develop a service plan where needed to address barriers to attendance, graduation, and post-secondary success.
- Participate in all SLT, Attendance, and School curriculum planning and weekly meetings with principal and other key staff.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings.
- Help maintain and update Participant and Parent Handbook.
- Participate in all DOE/LTW trainings and meetings.
- Supervise, train and coach staff.
- Participate in city wide and statewide advocacy meetings for the LTW program.
- Maintain current, accurate documentation of services provided to clients across various youth programs.
- Attend regular sessions with immediate supervisor, agency in-service training and unit meeting, as well
as any other agency-related activities or program-related meetings offsite.
- Complete regular monthly and statistical reports and fulfill reporting requirements as defined by the
funder and supervisor.
- Develop and maintain good communication with other programs and departments within the
organization to facilitate intra-agency referrals and collaboration.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday – Friday.
Additional evening and weekend hours will be required to meet program deadlines, goals, client needs, and
attend special events. The LTW hours of operation change when the program and school host several
orientation and enrollment opportunities throughout the academic year. There will be evening and weekend
events. MUST BE FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain in a stationary position using a computer at least 30% of the time or at a work station and while monitoring activities.
- Ability to work with youth and the public.
Education and/or experience required:
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- At least three years’ experience in the social service field.
- At least three years’ experience working with youth and working in a community center setting
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Knowledge of New York City social service delivery systems and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dynamic presentation style.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities Community Services
COVID-19 Adjustment: Position will be onboarded virtually. Potential to orient to the physical office space in person depending on CDC and agency requirements at the time of onboarding. Updates to protocol are implemented on a regular basis.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.