Summary: Under the direction of the Division Director, the Director of Operations: Alianza Program Initiatives will directly support the operations and administration of Alianza’s portfolio of programs in an effort to broaden and strengthen internal systems, processes and protocols at the divisional level. The Director of Operations shall be responsible for supervising, advising and providing operational support and assist the Division Director with strategic planning efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the Alianza Division Director and Program Directors to support programmatic and fiscal issues, manage deadlines and contractual requirements, and coordinate the submission of reports to the appropriate internal and external offices.
- Work with assigned staff in the Finance department to review and adjust monthly staff allocations to ensure contractual compliance; act as principal contact/resource between the Alianza Division and Finance, Payroll and HR Departments of CCCS.
- Serve as a functional and professional link between Divisional department managers, agency executives, and line staff. Will have primary responsibility for ensuring the timely preparation, review and submission of all documents from the Division, including fiscal and program reports to be submitted to government funders.
- In coordination with the Alianza Division Director, directly supervise the assigned programs including planning, staffing, quality assurance, budgeting, community relations, and provide direct supervision to the program directors and senior program staff.
- Research, support and assist in the execution of new initiatives/opportunities, analyze program trends, investigate compliance issues in coordination with the Executive Office and liaise with data management and program staff to ensure efficient and credible data tracking.
- Oversee preparation, approval, and processing of AFPs, petty cash and metro card tracking; facilities and maintenance related issues; supply ordering and stocking and review and track monthly reconciliation of budgets with program expenditures.
- Provide support to the CCCS Manager of Administrative Services and Director of Contracts Management in the preparation of new proposals and contract renewals to ensure their compliance and timely submission.
- Provide direct back up support to the Division Director in the following areas: Co-facilitate and prepare agenda for monthly Alianza Division meetings; Assist Division Director to prepare quarterly Catholic Charities Board of Directors and annual, financial corporate reports; Support and ensure Alianza Division participation in all Catholic Charities seasonal and special events; in the absence of the Division Director, attend all monthly and ad-hoc funder meetings.
- Attend trainings for CUNY, DYCD and DOE online reporting systems, and monitor sites for compliance on a regular basis.
- Collect, review and submit biweekly and monthly time sheets for all assigned sites.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position that will require performing work at CCCS’ office and other locations throughout the Archdiocese. Days of work and hours are generally Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Flexible schedule and/or additional hours are required to meet contractual and program obligations and deadlines in the evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Attendance will be required outside of normal business hours at events such as: parent’s meetings, community events, special events, youth employment orientation, program activities, parades, marches, rallies, program retreats, and charitable marathons.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional travel offsite within NYC and LHV (and elsewhere, as required and needed and appropriate), to attend meetings, trainings, official visits, etc., using public transportation, traversing city streets, occasionally ascending/descending stairs, and occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Remain stationary at a work station and/or use a computer at least 40% of the time.
- Weekly site visits to insure that programs are meeting the objectives of funders.
- Carry a laptop.
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor Degree in a related field: education, public administration, or social work. Graduate degree preferred.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Familiarity with program budget process and review.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to convene and lead meetings.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel DYCD Online YEPS and ISY systems.
- Excellent communication and listening skills. Must be able to make observations and assessments, enjoy working with people
- Able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Proven team leader; highly motivated. Able to work cohesively as part of a team and with minimal supervision.