Summary: The Case Management Department of Catholic Charities Community Services (CCCS) seeks to ensure that everyone in the community has what is necessary to live a dignified human life: shelter, food, clothing, access to services and other resources. We serve a wide population that includes immigrants, seniors, families facing financial crisis, and food insecurity. We use a strength’s based and client-centered approach in our work, always striving to help communities resolve crises, adapt and thrive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct Client Services:
- Provides effective engagement, assessment, service planning and follow-up using a strength’s based and trauma informed approach.
- Provides crisis intervention in emergencies around shelter, food, clothing, and other basic needs through the provision of financial assistance, food pantry, goods, advocacy, access to benefits and resources.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the complex social service system and partners with clients to better navigate these networks.
- Provides weekly support groups and develops a curriculum in collaboration with community members and parish.
- Provides services to the whole family including parents, children and grandparents and identifies and builds upon support systems and community networks.
- Provides outreach to the community to craft programs designed to build capacity.
- Develops knowledge about and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies, other.
- Catholic Charities Departments, Divisions Affiliates and Archdiocesan entities (especially those co-located at the center.
- Enters information into Data Management System(s).
- Meets program deliverables in a timely and efficient manner and works collaboratively with the funding partner (Department of Youth and Community Development-DY CD).
- Completes requests for financial assistance and gathers relevant supportive documentation in a timely, efficient, and thorough manner.
- Attends and participates in weekly supervision, monthly Department meetings, team meetings, community meetings, trainings, and other agency-related activities.
- Assists at other sites as needed.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Travel for field visits, outreach, staff meetings and/or escorting clients at least 20% of the time using reliable transportation, traversing streets, ascending/descending stairs, and exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Traverse neighborhoods that may require a high level of alertness and awareness of surroundings.
- Work with clients who require consistent and comprehensive support, some under potentially stressful conditions.
- Remain in a stationary position at a workstation and use a computer approximately 70% of the time.
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in the social services field preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of social service delivery systems and local resources.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- WIFI access and the ability to successfully navigate remote technology, if needed.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Data Management systems built on a Salesforce platform.
COVID-19 Adjustment: Position will be onboarded virtually. Potential to orient to the physical office space in person depending on CDC and agency requirements at the time of onboarding. Updates to protocol are implemented on a regular basis.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law