Beacon of Hope (BOH), a Division of Catholic Charities Community Services, seeks a Property Maintenance Worker to work primarily in the Bronx to support the operations of its apartments scattered in the community, as well as assist with maintenance related activities in BOH’s congregate facilities located in the same borough and in the Bronx. Property Maintenance Worker ensures environments are well-maintained and safe, is able to identify and participate in corrective actions, and assists with and coordinates all aspects of resident moves. Must have the ability to use maintenance related equipment, and understand how to work with residents with Special Needs. Works Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Apartment Program work requires home visits in the community. Salary is $23.00 an hour to $24.50 an hour ($47,840 – $50,960 annually. Pro-rated on time actually worked during the year.) Salary is commensurate with educational attainment and experience.
TO APPLY EMAIL RESUME TO: BOH.JOBS@catholiccharitiesny.org
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Five years of experience in building maintenance including performing general repairs.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and work well independently or within a team.
- Experience with property management and/or real estate activities preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Willingness to travel on a daily basis.