The Administrative Assistant will undertake a variety of activities in the Business Services Department ranging from filling and answering phones to assist with preparation of invoices, copying, faxing, scanning and other office work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain department files so they remain updated and easily accessible.
- Answer phones to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate individuals.
- Utilize office equipment such as photocopier, printers, computer, scanner.
- Perform general office duties including, but not limited to faxing, copying, scanning, filing, opening and distributing mail.
- Prepares and processes appropriate paperwork to pay vendor invoices (AFPs)
- Assists in office policy and procedures by collecting, organizing and maintaining a file with respect to those policies and procedures.
- Maintain and distribute meeting minutes as necessary for departmental meetings.
- Keep a schedule of vacations and coordinate meetings for the Business Services department.
- Assist with various reports as needed.
- Assist with the facility maintenance database as needed.
- Maintain the departmental keys for offices and vehicles; loan/distribute/collect keys as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days are generally 35 hours per week. Additional hours may be required, as well as travel for certain meetings/trainings.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional travel to attend/assist at special events/meetings using public transportation or vehicle, traverse city streets; occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Ability to address clients who require consistent and comprehensive support, and who may be under great stress.
- Remain stationary at a work station and/or use a computer at least 70% of the time, on/off site.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment i.e. copier, fax, scanner, postage machine and printer.
- Ability to use and respond to phone ca11s.
- Ability to transport/lift and file documents in cabinets.
Education and/or experience required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- A minimum of one (1) years’ relevant experience.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office. Must successfully pass Prove-It skills test in MS Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work