Summary: As one of the first staff to greet clients seeking services, the Case Assistant fulfills a vital role in how Catholic Charities’ mission is represented to those in need. The primary functions of this position is reception coverage and a supporting role for Case Management staff; including preparing case paperwork, providing administrative support, information, referral and contacting clients, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct operational support to the Regional Director and Site Supervisor and ensures smooth operations of the site.
- Answer the telephone, greets visitors, and directs inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Provides information and referral to clients and documents these interactions in a database via the creation of an electronic file.
- Creates Case Files for new clients
- Data entry into multiple computer systems and databases.
- Maintains knowledge of current programs and services frequently offered at the site, especially rental assistance.
- Maintains a secure environment by managing the flow of visitors and participants to the site
- Completes and generates financial assistance requests on behalf of staff expense reports and approved vendor payments
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Participates in staff meetings.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain in a stationary position at a workstation and use a computer approximately 90% of the time.
- Remain in a stationary position at a workstation for the purpose of answering incoming calls in real time.
- Ability to work remotely as needed.
- Frequently sit for long periods.
- Travel for staff meetings 10% of the time using reliable transportation, traversing streets, ascending/descending stairs, and exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Traverse neighborhoods that may require a high level of alertness and awareness of surroundings.
- Work with clients who require consistent and comprehensive support, some under potentially stressful conditions.
- May be deployed to other locations on an as needed basis.
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a minimum of three years of relevant experience required.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Bilingual English/Spanish, required.
- Customer service skills: o Enthusiasm in working with people and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of challenges low income individuals face and ability to offer compassionate, patient and professional response.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer and technology proficient, especially with MS Office suite, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of social service systems, and local resources.
- Ability to function in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Solid organizational, time-management and communication skills.
Pay Range: $45,000 to $48,000
COVID-19 Adjustment: Position will be onboarded virtually. Potential to orient to the physical office space in person depending on CDC and agency requirements at the time of onboarding. Updates to protocol are implemented on a regular basis. Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.