Summary: Alianza Youth Services is a non-profit division of Catholic Charities which strives to strengthen academic achievement, health and wellness, artistic expression, and employment access to young people. The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is the nation’s largest youth employment program and provides youth between the ages of 14 – 24 with focused career exploration opportunities, civic-engagement, career-readiness, and paid opportunities. As a leading partner in the SYEP program, Alianza is seeking a qualified Job Developer to provide year-round, essential instructional, programmatic, administrative, and supervisory support to the Program Director and other team members and to assist with various projects to ensure efficient operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Under the direction of Program Director and other CCCS Senior Leadership, support Alianza’s Summer Youth Employment Program through the development of potential summer job placement opportunities
- Work directly with SYEP participants to better understand their career interests and facilitate summer employment job placements and match job skills with participant qualifications and interests.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with job placement sites in a variety of industries in order to cultivate long term program relationships.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing contact with job sites and community partners.
- Research internet, newspapers, agencies, and other resources for job leads.
- Collect data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills;
- Refer qualified participants to employers and conduct necessary follow-up when participants are placed in positions.
- Assists participants in assessing their job skills for positions.
- Instructs in job seeking, application procedures, resume writing, interview preparation and job retention skills and attitudes.
- Monitors participant performance and counsels’ participants when performance is not satisfactory.
- Tracks participant activity and progress data.
- Work closely with Youth Employment Programs team to ensure program data, lists, and information is current.
- Maintain filing system of department paperwork and relevant program documentation.
- Assist with all contracts, foundation, and funding program reports, statistics, data, etc.
- Assist with preparations (materials, refreshments, etc.) for program meetings and events as directed.
- Work closely with the Youth Employment Programs Director in the coordination of program operations, administrative tasks, and assisting with various projects throughout the year.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Remain stationary at a workstation and use a computer at least 75% of the time.
- Travel at least 25% of the time using public transportation, traverse city streets; occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment i.e., copier, fax, scanner, postage machine and printer.
- Ability to use and respond to phone calls.
- Ability to file client documents in cabinets and electrically.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Bilingual, English/Spanish a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player, work independently and with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to participate in community service initiatives if needed.
- Computer literate.