Catholic Charities helps immigrants reunite legally with their families, obtain proper work authorization, learn English and civics, and prepare to pass citizenship exams. Catholic Charities also assists immigrants in avoiding exploitation by unscrupulous practitioners by providing correct information and realistic counsel about immigration status. Below you can learn more about our immigrations services in NY.
- 3,701 families provided with expert counsel and safeguarded from exploitation
- 696 individuals taught English
- 22,309 calls for help answered promptly with accurate information in 200+ languages (39,813 referrals)
- 697 breadwinners helped to obtain authorization to work
- 758 detained unaccompanied minors helped with legal orientation and court representation
- 436 individual refugees resettled
- 529 individuals received humanitarian or asylum protection
- 210 legal residents obtained citizenship
Sign Up For Email
"Catholic Charities reaffirms our solidarity with immigrants and refugees who come to this nation to make a better life for themselves, their families, and their neighbors."
Monisgnor Kevin Sullivan
In Solidarity with Immigrants & Refugees
For more information about a particular program and/or service, navigate the tabs below: