USCCB/MRS Response Toolkit: On Syrian Refugees and the Attacks in Paris
11/17/2015 | News Articles
In light of the recent acts of terror committed in Paris and subsequent rejection of Syrian refugee resettlement by the governors of several states, the Office of Migration and Refugee Services of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB/MRS) has prepared the Response Toolkit below for your information and use. Please take a few minutes to carefully review this material and then discuss its content with your key staff involved in refugee resettlement, community relations, advocacy and media relations. As you review this guidance, please consider how you can utilize this information to the best advantage of Syrian refugees and the refugee resettlement program in general.
- ACTION ALERT!
- Talking Points: Response on Syrian Refugee Resettlement in the Wake of the Paris Attacks
- The step-by-step comprehensive refugee screening process, which averages two years
- Statement from Bishop Elizondo, Chairman of the USCCB Committee on Migration
- Statement from Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Louisville, Kentucky & USCCB President
- USCCB Statement of Solidarity
Should you have questions or concerns regarding media inquiries, please feel free to contact the USCCB/MRS Communications Manager, Christine Spadacino at firstname.lastname@example.org or W 202-541-3064, C 917-710-2978.
With best wishes,
Director of Resettlement Services, USCCB/MRS