Youth Worker - Dance
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Department: Alianza Division Office: Alianza Dominicana Cultural Center
Reports to: Program Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: The Youth Worker – Dance duties are to assist Junior Dance instructor and Master Dance Instructor in providing different styles of Dominican folk dances as well as performance techniques. Assist with performance monitoring and activities organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain Daily Attendance for all courses.
2. Assist with participant recruitment.
3. Assist in Events coordination
4. Attend all weekly staff meetings.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability and patience to work with children and young people.
- Travel when performing off-site or taking field trips, using public transportation.
- Assist with activities organizing.
Education and/or experience required:
- High School student or Graduate/GED.
- Knowledge of Dominican folk dances.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Good Communication and organizational skills.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com