Senior Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Orange County, NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Agency: CCCS of Orange and Sullivan
Department: CCCSOS, Monticello - Program Support
Reports to: Director of Crisis Services & Nursing
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: Provides direct care to Crisis Services Unit clients to effect safe and complete withdrawal, evaluation for admission or referral for medical detoxification, motivation for further treatment & identifies additional health needs. Provides motivational counseling as needed. Maintains the scheduling of LPNs, MDs, NPs, and other medical staff. Responsible for ordering and inventory of stock medications. Monitor prior authorizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Triages clients according to agency Policy & Procedure.
- Directs or effects transfer to Catskill Regional Medical Center or designated alternate for those clients in need of immediate medical evaluation and/or care as per above.
- Monitor prior authorizations.
- Completes nursing assessment upon admission.
- Audits nursing admissions.
- Administers PPD’s upon admission and audit PPD compliance.
- Coordinates appointment with Medical Director or other medical professionals should the client need to be seen by a physician/medical specialist.
- Ensures that doctor’s orders are signed and properly picked up.
- Ensures stock of medications is ordered and inventoried on a regular basis to ensure patients have necessary medications.
- Monitors expiration dates of medications and dispose according to regulatory requirements.
- Creates and maintains schedule of medical staff (MDs, NPs, and LPNs).
- Provides nursing coverage when necessary.
- Audits MARs to ensure that medication orders are properly entered on medication sheet and that patient has medication.
- Notifies Medical Director or covering physician if a medical emergency arises with a patient.
- Forwards a copy of H&P, PPD, and Tetanus vaccine and any other pertinent medical forms when a patient is transferred to Community Residence or Day Rehabilitation.
- Documents patient vital signs, problems, progress, medications & medical forms.
- Counsels clients about the physical effects of addiction.
- Works with the Crisis Services team to identify client needs and to develop plans to meet those needs.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Remains current by attending in-services, trainings and attending relevant workshops as indicated or requested.
- Performs other duties are required or requested.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Potential for unpredictable clients or clients under stressful situations that require consistent support.
Education and/or experience required:
- Currently licensed as an LPN in New York State.
- Experience in the field of addictions; related field considered based on experience.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and develop written policy.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org