Location: Bronx , NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Feeding Our Neighbors Program/Contract: Feeding Our Neighbors
Reports to: Feeding Our Neighbors Program Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
The Program Supervisor is responsible for all Food Pantry and Food Hub operations which include the weekly food distribution to clients and our network of partner programs (Bronx and Upper Manhattan). The Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of the driver(s), pantry aide(s), interns, and volunteers. This position will work closely with the Bronx Center staff and other agency programs to develop a cohesive and meaningful program that will benefit our clients, community and corporate partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise, train, evaluate and coordinate the work activities of the staff, volunteers, and potential interns.
- Maintain contact list of program volunteers, hours worked, and weekly schedules.
- Develop and monitor systems to track program performance and submit monthly reports.
- Maintain client database, the intake/registration process, and client relations to ensure program efficiencies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of program policies, protocols and procedures.
- Order food and supplies for program based on level of inventory and service needs.
- Develop good working relationship with vendors, corporate partners and community resources.
- Coordinate with staff on the delivery schedule from corporate partners and local food programs.
- Maintain system of food inventory, communicate with vendors, and maintain good record keeping.
- Based on NYC Health Dept. standards, maintain safe, clean and organized facility on a regular basis
- Facilitate regular staff meetings, advocacy opportunities, special events and network meetings as requested.
- Keep track of facility repairs, maintenance issues, keys, equipment, and communicate with facilities dept.
- Assist with the annual FON Campaign (logistics, data collection, record-keeping, etc.)
- Assist with special projects and assignments as requested by CCCS management or Division Director.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Mon., Tues., Thurs. Fri. Wednesdays from 11AM – 7PM. Other evening hours may be required to meet program needs. Additional hours (some evening and/or weekend hours) may be required to attend and participate in special events.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a very busy work site with constant movement and involvement of various tasks which may require movement, lifting boxes of at least 30 lbs at least 40% of the time
- Work at program site may require the ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements
- Outreach with community based parishes and programs 30% of the time using reliable transportation, traversing streets, ascending/descending stairs, and exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Traverse neighborhoods that may require a high level of alertness and awareness of surroundings.
- Work with clients who require consistent and comprehensive support, some under potentially stressful conditions.
- Remain in a stationary position at a work station and use a computer approximately 30% of the time.
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience working in a human services setting
- Bilingual, Spanish/English required.
- 3 years experience working in an emergency food program either as staff or volunteer
- 3 years experience in the supervision of staff and/or volunteers
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Must have or be able to complete Food Safety Certification
- Must have basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or a database program
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills that will convene agency mission and goals
- Must have good and effective communication, written and decision making skills
- Must have ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple work tasks with others
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com