Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Classification: Administrative Support Worker
Department: Immigrant and Refugee Services
Office: Immigration Legal Services
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: Provide Administrative Assistance to CCCS Immigration Legal Services staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. ActionNYC Scheduling System responsibilities:
- Schedule, confirm, and cancel appointments for individuals interested in receiving immigration legal advice or assistance through the ActionNYC network;
- Adhere to call response and referral protocols;
- Document all services provided to callers, maintain and report client statistical data; and
2. Clerical responsibilities:
- Reviewing and sorting incoming mail for all staff; preparing outgoing mail; identifying correspondence that requires immediate attention and bringing it to the attention of appropriate staff members.
- Using the client management database (LawLogix) to register, maintain, and update client records and to record deadlines and all correspondence received for or from clients.
- Data entry in other databases, as required by various contracts.
- Sorting and filing correspondence in client files.
- Retrieving files from the main cabinets and from archives; returning files to cabinets.
- Ensuring client files are organized in the main cabinets.
- Faxing and photocopying documents.
- Organizing and distributing office supplies; ensuring that printers have paper and are functional; monitoring incoming faxes and distributing them as appropriate.
- Assisting the Director of Operations, Program Director and Divisional Director on special projects.
- Providing clerical support – including filing, photocopying, and mailing – to several migration counselors/attorneys.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Receiving/greeting the public and clients at the front desk; answering the phones. Assessing nature of walk-in inquiries and referring to appropriate staff for further action.
- Providing information to the public on office services (including intake/consultation days, the Immigration Hotlines, and parish outreach).
- Answering and routing telephone calls.
- Scheduling, confirming, and canceling appointments.
- Managing activities of front desk reception on special program days.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position that will require flexibility working two shifts: 9:00 AM to 5 PM and 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet court and/or program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain stationary at a work station and in meetings, and use a computer at least 75% of the time.
- Bend, stretch and use short ladder in order to file.
Education and/or experience required:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent professional training related to the position;
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Fluency in English and a second language required;
- Fluency in Mandarin or Korean preferred.
- Comfort using technology and inputting data, including working knowledge of MS Office (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel);
- Highly motivated and self-starter;
- Good communication and analytical skills; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com