Location: Orange County, NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Agency: CCCS of Orange and Sullivan
Department: Monticello – Support Services
Reports to: Associate Director of Facilities
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: Maintenance Worker has the responsibility to make plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical repairs and to perform a variety of routine custodial and maintenance tasks. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions. Ability to supervise the client population during the work program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and repairs heating, plumbing, electrical and other systems.
- Performs a variety of carpentry, plumbing, electrical and building maintenance activities as needed.
- Performs basic grounds keeping and landscaping of agency facilities.
- Supervises clients in the Work Skills Training Program assigned to the maintenance department.
- Checks that agency buildings are cleaned, heated, secured and generally in readiness for agency activities on a daily basis.
- Drives agency vehicles as needed for maintenance activities and/or to transport agency clients when necessary.
- Maintains basic maintenance logs and performs other associated paperwork as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Heavy physical work, which includes bending, stooping, sitting, standing, stretching, pushing, pulling.
- Lifting over 30 pounds.
- Climbing stairs.
- Enter and exit buildings to outdoors on a constant basis to gain entry to other buildings.
Education and/or experience required:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Good oral and written skills to effectively communicate with various levels of staff.
- Good knowledge of building maintenance practices.
- Good knowledge of building maintenance supplies and equipment and ability to use them efficiently.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org