Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Classification: Administrative Support Worker
Department: Alianza Division
Office: Learning to work Program
Reports to: Program Director and/or Sr. Advocate Counselor
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: The Tutor is responsible for helping program participants by providing academic support related to preparation to the State Regents Exams. The Tutor will work one-on one with each student assigned to support student subject content readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow proposed working hours schedule
- Arrive on time and ready to work
- Sign In and Out upon arrival and departure
- Provide one on one support to students assigned
- Assist Programs in their administrative tasks such as: answering the phone, faxing
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours are generally Monday to Friday 9am-2pm.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability and patience to work with young people, recognizing their exuberance and juvenile behavior, particularly in group settings.
- Remain in a stationary position either working at a computer or monitoring activities.
Education and/or experience required:
- High School Diploma or GED, working towards AA or BA degree, a plus.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Successfully comply with DOE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com