Lower Hudson Valley (LHV)
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Classification: Administrative Support Worker
Department: Immigrant and Refugee Services
Office: Immigration Legal Services
Reports to: Director of Operations; Special Projects Attorney
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: Provides administrative assistance to CCCS Immigration Legal Services staff in the Lower Hudson Valley.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receiving/greeting the public and clients at the front desk; answering the phones. Assessing nature of walk-in inquiries and referring to appropriate staff for further action.
- Providing information to the public on office services (including intake/consultation days, the Immigration Hotlines, and parish outreach).
- Answering and routing telephone calls.
- Scheduling, confirming, and canceling appointments for legal services staff.
- Assisting the Program and Volunteer Coordinators with the coordination of volunteers.
2. Administrative responsibilities:
- Reviewing and sorting incoming mail for all staff; preparing outgoing mail; identifying correspondence that requires immediate attention and bringing it to the attention of appropriate staff members.
- Using the client management database (LawLogix) to register, maintain, and update client records and to record deadlines and all correspondence received for or from clients.
- Using LLX to process fee waiver requests.
- Data entry in other databases, as required by various contracts.
- Processing program forms, including office intake forms and ONA forms.
- Sorting and filing correspondence in client files.
- Retrieving and returning files to cabinets.
- Ensuring client files are labeled and organized in the main cabinets.
- Faxing and photocopying documents.
- Organizing and distributing office supplies; ensuring that printers have paper and are functional; monitoring incoming faxes and distributing them as appropriate.
- Assisting the Director of Operations, Special Projects Attorney and Program and Volunteer Coordinators on special projects.
- Providing clerical support – including filing, photocopying, and mailing – to several migration counselors/attorneys.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position 9:00 AM to 5 PM, Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain stationary at a work station and in meetings, and use a computer at least 75% of the time.
- Bend, stretch and use short ladder in order to file.
Education and/or experience required:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s or Associated degree in related field, or equivalent professional training related to the position.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Comfort using technology and inputting data, including working knowledge of MS Office (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel);
- Highly motivated and self-starter;
- Good communication and analytical skills; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org