Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Classification: Administrative Support Worker
Department: Alianza Division
Office: COMPASS @ NYCHA Rangel Houses
Reports to: Program Director/ Group Leader
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Day–to–day academic support through STEM activities funded directly by COMPASS program budget.
- Support STEM and enrichment educational services, as well as all daily activities.
- Work with students from assigned grade and track throughout the academic year.
- Take attendance daily.
- Execute lesson plans, to be reviewed by the educational advisor.
- Place calls to participants’ guardians/parents regarding events, daily concerns, etc.
- Complete and Sign the after school program participant report to be submitted to parents.
- Submit monthly observation reports to Program Director.
- Maintain the NYCHA food program paperwork.
- Implement participant incentives.
- Help set-up and break-down assigned areas daily.
- Ensure cleanliness and presentation of all after school program space.
- Work to achieve all COMPASS programmatic goals to insure program’s success.
- Attend monthly parents’ meetings, program and agency-sponsored special events.
- Meet with Program Director weekly for supervision.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Keep the Program Director informed of any behavior changes in assigned participants.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 3:00PM – 6:00PM during the school year.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- To conduct field trips or attend events, individuals will use public transportation or traverse city streets, occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Ability to work with youth and the general public.
- Remain in a stationary position or ambulate while monitoring and assisting participants.
Education and/or experience required:
- HS Diploma or Equivalency, or College student actively working towards degree (enrolled in college).
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with elementary school age children.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Must maintain or have completed school in good academic standing; verify by transcript.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities Community Services.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com