Director of Business Services
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Classification: First/Mid Level Official
Reports To: Associate Executive Director of Catholic Charities
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Summary: Responsible for managing physical plants for directly administered agencies, developing and implementing plans for effective agency-wide purchasing and overseeing the development and implementation of IT systems, support and hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Address and resolve facility needs (health and safety, maintenance and repairs, violations, facility planning, leases) by initiating, assessing, maintaining, monitoring, and communicating/reporting Work Requests.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals, obtain competitive bids, and recommend vendors and process Bid Approvals;
- Establish maintenance, repair, elevator and exterminator policies and procedures;
- Catalog basic information (Property Information Book) about each facility including square footage, certifications and their expirations, maintenance issues, leases and charge back, infrastructure, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and safety systems;
- Propose plans and alternative to maximize cost efficiencies for facilities;
- Supervise administration, maintenance, custodial and materials handling staff; establish a supervisory structure to allocate staff to meet needs.
- Coordinate insurance coverage and filing of claims, resolve NYC DOH and/or Building Department violations, calculating lease terms, negotiating leases and forecasting cash
- Assist in developing strategic long range and annual plans as well as projects associated with the acquisition and disposal of real properties, design of space for new
- Conduct Facility Assessments and recommend construction or renovations, coordination with architects, preparation of bid documents, review of bids, negotiation with vendors, recommendation of vendor, supervision of construction, renovation, building code compliance and coordination of office and client moves.
- Establish policies and procedures for purchasing needs including telephones, wiring, copiers, acquisition of office furniture and equipment, security, computers, printers.
- Review and approve facility charges and charge backs and owner’s representative on projects
- Develop policies and procedures for utilization/purchase of vehicles/vans.
- Monitor implementation of IT work plans currently in place. Develop mechanism approval and implantation of new IT related projects.
- n consultation with the Chief Financial Officer, recommend software agency wide purchases and upgrades.
Education, Skills, Competencies and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or Facilities Management certification with fifteen years experience in multi location, non profit and residential environments;
- Previous management experience in developing purchasing systems and familiarity with multi-site IT projects.
- Good understanding of NYC Building Codes.
- Ability to initiate, manage, prioritize, communicate, status and complete projects/tasks on a timely basis;
- Good quantitative, supervisory and interpersonal skills—ability to communicate with administrative staff, senior management, operating departments and vendors;
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org