Contract Claims Processor
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non - Exempt
Department: Administration - Finance
Reports to: Senior Accountant [Alianza]
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: The Contract Claims Processor is an important member of the Catholic Charities Community Services (CCCS) Program Support staff with responsibilities primarily related to contract processing functions for the Alianza Division
The position reports to the Senior Accountant [Alianza] and is principally responsible for preparing and assisting in meeting fiscal contract requirements, primarily for the Alianza division. Fiscal contract requirements include preparation and filing of claims, fiscal compliance reports that facilitate the billing and collection of earned revenues and other related contract accounting activities. The position may also be assigned other ad hoc projects as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Contract processing and accounting associated with Programs funded through contracts or grants:
- Accurately prepare and complete regulatory filings within the deadlines set by the various funding agencies (i.e. claims, close-outs, and advances for basic to moderate contracts);
- Complete revenue, receivable and expense reconciliations;
- Ensure integrity of financial results related to government contracts and grants, revenues, receivables, earned unbilled, and advances, and preparation of related standard journal entries and reconciliations; and
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding receivable balances with the funding sources to maximize cash flow, which is critical to the organization.
2. Assist in providing timely and accurate financial reporting
- Review transactions and coding; prepare journal entries
- Preparing audit work papers, analyses and documentation
3. Assist in providing timely and accurate managerial and operational reporting:
- Preparation of managerial and financial accounting analyses / reports, budget assembly, and forecasts.
- Financial support for budgets and monthly reporting including variance reports
4. Assist in and serve as support in the preparation of budget modifications and close-out claims for contracts, as assigned.
5. Assisting Senior Accountant in other ad hoc projects, as assigned, including:
- Provide recommendations for internal accounting / operating controls and efficiencies.
- Non contractual divisional analyses
Significant Working Relationships:
- CCCS Executive, Facilities, administrative and operations management staff.
- Corporate Departments (Executive Directors, CFO, Human Resources)
- CCCS Fiscal staff, Funding agencies, their auditors and independent auditors.
Working conditions and physical demands:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain in a stationary position at a work station and use a computer at least 70% of the time.
- Carry a laptop to offsite work locations.
- Ability to work with demanding, multiple deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Relevant work experience in an accounting department a plus.
Other Skills, Licenses, and/or Competencies:
- Familiarity with government contracts.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - ability to relate and clearly communicate with operating management, financial staff and other departments, including professional writing style.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommendations and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; exhibit a sense of urgency in performing work.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel* and Word* required; knowledge of Lawson accounting software a plus. *Ability to successfully pass “PROVE-IT” skills test.
- Work requires a commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities Community Services.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org