Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Classification: Administrative Support Worker
Department: Finance Office: Controller’s
The College Intern (Controller’s Dept) position is a professionally opportunity for college students, majoring an accounting to perform meaningful work within the Controller’s Department under the supervision of accounting professionals.
The College Intern will (1) assist supervisory and support staff in performance of their job functions (2) be assigned areas of their own responsibilities (3) become familiar with the Infor Lawson (enterprise resource planning) Accounting software and (4) should the opportunities arise, be assigned or participate in special projects throughout the Finance Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. General Ledger accounting – Post monthly journal entry into Lawson; prepare journal entries and analyses.
2. Accounts Payable—Assist in the matching of Lawson processed checks with the originally submitted batches. Check accuracy of account coding on submitted AFP batches. Assist in the distribution and mailing of all signed checks. Assist in the preparation and filing of AP invoices and check copies.
3. Cash Receipts / Accounts Receivable – Assist in the cash receipt process including, opening mail, batching and verifying fund raising and other receipts. Assist in the preparation and analysis of receivables including aging.
4. Utilizing the tools of the Controller’s Department (Microsoft Office, Lawson accounting, banking systems) assist in or perform other accounting / finance assignments and projects determined by Senior Management.
Significant Working Relationships:
The College Intern (Controller’s Dept) primarily works with the staff of the Finance Departments and operating / administrative personnel interacting with the Controller’s Department.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Qualifications)
1. College student in an accredited institution having competed at least 6 credits in accounting
2. Good Excel skills
3. Good interpersonal skills ability to relate and communicate with staff, management and other departments
4. Willingness and flexibility to meet the requirements of the department
5. Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com