Location: Bronx, NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Department: Community Outreach Services: Eviction Prevention – FEPS
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: This position provides direct case management services through eviction prevention and aftercare to clients who are at risk of becoming homeless. Services are provided through advocacy, information and referral, crisis intervention services, and short-term case management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides crisis intervention to individuals and families facing a housing crisis, and who are at most risk of becoming homeless. Addresses emergencies related to housing, food, medical needs, spouse abuse, and any concrete need as presented by client.
- Conducts thorough needs assessment and develops, a service plan to address identified concrete needs using a short-term intervention model.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments of individual and family problems and follow up with referrals to Catholic Charities programs and/or clinics or and outside facility as deemed appropriate.
- Assists clients in applying for and receiving public and private benefits
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of services provided to clients.
- Develops and maintains good communication with other programs and departments within the organization to facilitate inter-agency referrals.
- Attends regular sessions with immediate supervisor.
- Conducts educational and/or supportive groups.
- Attends Agency’s in-service training and unit meetings as well as any other agency-related activities.
- Completes statistical reports.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work with the public and local community organizations.
- Remain stationary at a work station and use a computer at least 80% of the time.
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least three years of experience in housing services/eviction prevention.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of social service delivery systems and City resources.
- Good organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Individual must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com