Administrative Assistant – FEPS New Initiative
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Classification: Administrative Support Worker
Department: Community Outreach Services - Eviction Prevention
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: This position will assist the Site Supervisor and other staff by performing administrative and clerical functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pick-up emergency assistance checks from HRA Job Center, headquarters, and all of the HPP sites. Deliver checks to various sites.
- Maintain updated employee and client lists with final outcomes and other statistics.
- Prepare computerized program reports.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain filing system.
- Coordinate orders for office supplies.
- Handle phone calls and correspondence.
- Maintain calendar and appointments on computer.
- Prepare and disburse minutes of meetings.
- Attend Department and Program meetings as directed.
- Provide support to the Supervisor with other projects as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain stationary at a work station and use a computer at least 50% of the time.
- Travel at least 40% of the time using public transportation, traverse city streets; occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment i.e. copier, fax, scanner, postage machine and printer.
- Ability to use and respond to phone calls at least 60% of the time.
- Ability to file client documents in cabinets.
Education and/or experience required:
- HS Diploma/GED; some college credit/courses, a plus, and/or Minimum three (3) years’ related experience.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Bilingual, English/Spanish a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literate.
Sign Up For Email
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and qualifications, and state their position of interest and desired compensation. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com